just for clarity, the Apache.xs seems to say "exit(0) if (old apache &&
win32)"

current versions of Apache/mod_perl don't allow child_terminate at all for
win32, if I'm reading the XS properly - there are two child_terminate()
definitions, one that applies to old apaches and one for recent versions

--Geoff