I work in a predominately M$ shop. AS a matter of fact, I am one of only two
Perl/mod_perl programmers in a development department with 25 other
programmers. Sometimes it feels like we are working in a vacuum. This list
and articles like the eToys article along with the overwhelmingly superior
performance of mod_perl/Apache vs. either M$ IIS/ASP or M$ IIS/ColdFusion
are what make, at least for me, doing what I do for a living where I do it
possible. If it weren't for our success with mod_perl/Apache I really
believe that this project would have been converted to ColdFusion a long
time ago. Anecdotal evidence like the eToys article only add to the growing
body of evidence that what we do with mod_perl is really the best of the
available alternatives.

Not only doe Perrin deserve a pat on the back for his article, but everyone
who promotes the use of these technologies should feel good about what
themselves.

--Joe Breeden
If it compiles - Ship It!