At 10:11 AM 10/23/01 -0600, Nathan Torkington wrote:
>Leon Brocard writes:
> > > Perhaps a port of JMS is in order.
> >
> > Interestingly, I've been thinking along the same lines. Spread
> > (http://www.spread.org/) can be used for the publish/subscribe
> > messaging domain but queueing seems to be important too. Straying a
> > bit offtopic perhaps, but I wonder what would be involved...
>
>I like the idea of P2EE.  If the goal is to provide the same features
>as Java, why not just implement the Java messaging, transactions,
>etc. APIs in Perl?  That is, endeavour to have the same classes and
>methods as Java, to the greatest extent possible.  That'll also make
>it possible for Java programmers to become Perl programmers, bwahaha.

The servlet API has been mostly(?) translated into perl by Brian Moseley.
The homepage is http://libservlet.sourceforge.net/ and it's available on
CPAN. The docs look a little parse at the moment, but kudos to Brian for
the work done so far! Now if only I could figure out a good test
application to try it with...

Drew Taylor                     JA[P|m_p|SQL]H
http://www.drewtaylor.com/      Just Another Perl|mod_perl|SQL Hacker
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      *** God bless America! ***
ICQ: 135298242