> Here's how you set up a compact P3P policy under mod_perl:
>
> #This policy will make IE6 accept your cookies as a third
> party, but you
> should generate
> # your own policy using one of the apps at the W3C site.
> my $p3p_compact_policy = "CP=\"ALL DSP COR CURa ADMa DEVa
> TAIa PSAa PSDa
> IVAa IVDa CONa TELa OUR STP UNI NAV STA PRE\"";
> $r->err_header_out(P3P => $p3p_compact_policy);
> $r->header_out(P3P => $p3p_compact_policy);
>
> Check out http://www.w3.org/P3P/ for the full info on P3P.
> Check out
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
us/dnpriv/html/ie6privacyfeature.asp

> for M$ info on IE6 and cookies/privacy
>
> Appologies for the OT post, but I'm just hoping I'll save someone else
> the same trouble I just went through.

no appologies necessary - I think the people here are always into
cross-browser applications programming...

someone ought to come up with Apache::P3P that can manage the P3P header
generation and has an API for creating the policy file and compact policy
offline or something.

IE6 is going to cause lots of headaches for people - I've heard that cookies
are automatically disabled by default, so the sooner the community is on top
of changes like this the better...

--Geoff