This rings a bell.  I recently had to isntall libxml2-2.45 with
libxslt-1.04 on a solaris box.  I remember getting warnings when trying to
install libxslt telling me that the version of libxml was not up to date.

Fix to this involved using the:

" --with-libxml-prefix=[PFX]            Specify location of libxml"

option when running configure.  For some reason it wasn't by default using
/usr/local/lib/..whatever.  Fixed the problem though.

--
Rafiq Ismail

Software Engineer and Systems Administrator
http://www.codix.net

"All the best people in life seem to like Linux." - Steve Wozniak