There seems to be some confusion over exactly what we're talking about...

Apache::Session may work fine for creating a unique session ID, however this
thread has really been about how to ensure that a session hasn't been
hijacked. People have been suggesting various bits of info they could get
from the client (IP, User Agent) and set in the cookie, thereby ensuring
that the cookie is coming back from the client to whom they sent it.

There isn't anything you can use that will work 100%. The only way you can
ensure that your cookies aren't being hijacked is to only send them over an
SSL connection.