At 03:21 PM 11/21/01 -0800, Medi Montaseri wrote:
>I did some work (about $25000 worth) for a customer and I'm having
>problem collecting.

This has been beaten to death on the list, but... (and I'm not a lawyer,
but I drink beer with one),

If you think they are going Chapter 11, then you may want to try to bargain
down to some amount to get something, so you are not on their list of
creditors.

When they do file, if that's the case, they have to notify the court of
their creditors and then the court is suppose to notify you.  You must then
file a proof of claim, and get in line with everyone else.  If you think
they might fail to list you as a creditor when they file, contact the court
every few weeks and check if they have already filed, and file your proof
of claim.  Then at least you might get a penny on the dollar...

$25K is a bad number, in that it's too big for small claims court, and it's
too little to get much help from lawyers in a law suit, I'd guess.  Ask
them if they want to pay partially in hardware and you might get a good
idea of their direction ;).

Good luck,

Bill Moseley
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]