What is an application of such technology....I think Apache provides
such directory listing itself...but what can you do with this....

I don't know what features your module has but if it can be trained to
read a configuration file (a manifest) per directory, then I can see
this technology being use for colaborative web sites, such as an internal
documentation area where people could drop things...and the manifest is
to insert access control and as well brief description of docs (sort of
a meta-directory)....otherwise just getting a listing from the file system
and showing it is well...nice....

I don't mean to depreciate your work....sometimes I don't know how to
write..

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, George Sanderson wrote:

> Apache::OpenIndex (OpenIndex-1.00.tar.gz) was uploaded to CPAN on 14Sep2001
> and is currently released.  This was my first module.  I enjoyed journey.
>
> OpenIndex provides a file manager for an Apache modperl web site using a
> web browser.
> It is a extensive rewrite of the Apache::AutoIndex module (written by
> Philippe M. Chiasson), which in turn was a remake of the autoindex Apache
> module.
> OpenIndex also provides the same functionality as autoindex, therefore it
> can be used to both manage and navigate a web site.
>
> A demo is available at:
>
> http://www.xorgate.com/Apache/OpenIndex/demo

> | George Sanderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> | http://www.xorgate.com

Medi Montaseri                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Distributed Systems Engineer            HTTP://www.CyberShell.com
CyberShell Engineering