On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Alexei Danchenkov wrote:

> Hello, Randy and All,
> I still can't compile mod_perl from source. I can compile other Perl modules
> without problems, whether they are completely built on Perl or contain C/C#
> modules (.xs). However, I still can't compile mod_perl with the same error
> (see below), whatever I tried. I can install it with ppm, but now I have a
> problem since I want to install it on the local network, which doesn't have
> any connection to the Internet and apparently never will.
> >D:\Modules\mod_perl-1.26>nmake install
> >
> >Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
> >Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
> >
> >makefile(531) : fatal error U1035: syntax error : expected ':' or '='
> separator
> >Stop.

Can you send me (privately, so as not to clutter the lists) your
generated Makefile - I'll compare it to mine, and perhaps that
will offer a clue ... In the meantime, if you're in a hurry to
get mod_perl, you could download the .ppd and .tar.gz files
and transfer them to the local machine by disc - the ppm utility
can also install local .ppd files.

best regards,
randy