At 1:49 PM -0700 10/17/01, Walt Knowles wrote:

>Converting all the globals to Module variables has been a piece of cake, but
>I've run into one big issue. Depending on how you log into the system, the
>user will connect to different databases. When they do this, I store the
>Database Handle from DBI/DBD as $main::dbh.

Hmm... If you use $main::dbh everywhere (instead of $dbh =
DBI->conn...), it should work, but this is considered bad form.
Since $main:: is local to the Apache process, it's technically
global, and that's bad.  I'd suggest changing your code (as we did
for our site) to pass $dbh around to each method and object.

Good luck,

Rob

--
"Only two things are infinite: The universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not
sure about the former." --Albert Einstein