Hi...

I want to use LWP::Simple inside a safe compartment created with the
Safe Module. But it ends up with errors like "Can't locate object method
"new" via package "LWP::UserAgent" at line... or "Require trapped by
operation mask..."

Here is how the code looks like (shortened ;-) ):

$codefromoutside='print wget "http://google.com";;';

use LWP::Simple ();
sub wget { LWP::Simple::get $_[0] }

use Safe;
$safe=new Safe; $safe->share(qw(wget));

$safe->reval($codefromoutside);
 print $@ if $@;

(There is a reason why I use "wget" instead of "get" directly because I
have already a subroutine with the name "get" elsewhere)

I tried some other things but they all didn't work. Does anybody know
how to use LWP::Simple::get inside a save compartment?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Christoph Bergmann

PS: Sorry for this is not a 100% mod_perl question but I haven't get any
help anywhere else right now and the problem results from running unkown
code under mod_perl (thats why I need the safe module), so chances are
that this is a common problem under mod_perl...