On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 08:31:26AM +0000, Ged Haywood wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Anand R wrote:
>
> > The Request Object contains info sent to the server in the client's request.
> [snip]
> > Maybe this should not a big problem,U just have to have a look at the
> > Apache Doc.
>
> I think he's trying to say
>
> perldoc Apache::Request

Hmm, I was hoping I was way beyond that!

Perhaps I'm not being clear -- I'm use'ing a module and calling a
documented method and then perl is claiming the module isn't loaded. I
showed a command line that demonstrated this (& that the module is
installed) and then said it also happened when under mod_perl. To go
into even more detail, here is how I'm calling it under mod_perl. I'm
new to this so quite possibly the mistake's somewhere here...

httpd.conf:

<Files /perl-bin/*.cgi>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler Apache::Registry
   Options +ExecCGI
   PerlSendHeader On
</Files>

apr.cgi:

#!/usr/bin/perl -Tw
use strict;

use Apache::Request;

my $r = shift;
my $apr = Apache::Request->new($r);
my @params = $apr->param;

print <<HTML;

@params;
HTML

And sho' nuff ...error.log contains,

Can't locate object method "new" via package "Apache::Request" (perhaps you forgot to
load "Apache::Request"?) at /home/wwwrp/perl-bin/apr.cgi line 7.
[Fri Dec 14 00:43:14 2001] [error] [client 172.30.0.3] Premature end of script
headers: /home/wwwrp/perl-bin/apr.cgi

> :)
>
> 73,
> Ged.
>
> PS:  Cute email address Paul.

Heh thanks -- no prizes for guessing which device file x10.com@
goes to :-)

55,
Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"What is the meaning of life? The unforgiven."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/