At least one person MUST mention Backhand!

www.backhand.org

I'm working on a project right now that is expected to grow to 100+
servers in the next 12 months. In past projects I've worked on, handling
of the log files becomes non-trivial at numbers far below that, so I
built the new system to log via Spread (www.spread.org) and it is a
wonderful thing to behold.

When you start building really big systems, the insignificant things
become big things, and the big things become huge! :-)

On a side note: we originally used mod_log_spread to log via Spread, but
found it to be a fairly nasty solution (lots of errors in the log files,
otherwise worked OK) so we instead used good old mod_log_config and
piped the output to a Perl program that spreads the logs.

--
-- Tom Mornini
-- InfoMania Printing & Prepress