Jeremy Howard wrote:

> Geoffrey Young wrote:

> <...>
>
>>a few of us have been wondering where all the traffic on these modules
>>has been coming from, is all - I thought it might genuinely be some
>>mis-documentation or something...
>>

> I originally introduced these modules to this list in an earlier post titled
> "Report on mod_accel and mod_deflate" in which I promoted these modules as
> an excellent tool for creating a front-end accelerator to mod_perl web
> applications. It included brief documentation for installing and configuring
> the modules--previously there had only been Russian documentation.
>
> There's been no other location for English language discussion of these
> modules. So the discussion has ended up here. I take full responsibility for
> any OT pollution as a result. ;-)
>
> Given that these modules are new, don't have an active discussion home in
> English yet, and are very relevent to mod_perl programmers, I'd like to see
> discussion remain here, or at least have Igor post the occassional update on
> new releases etc.
>
> If that bothers anyone then I'm happy to set up a mailing list elsewhere, of
> course.

As with any discussion that tend to recurr (what Doug used to call 'a
broken record'), it's better to sum up things, adds them to 'some' guide
and then make long threads short, by sending what seems to be hated by
everyone: 'read the guide' + direct URL if not too lazy.

So if you want to send me some short instructions which can be plugged
here: http://perl.apache.org/guide/scenario.html, please do that. But
first run the submitted doc through the list, for polishing. Once it's
done I'll add them to the mod_perl guide.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com