No.  There are very important reasons why Apache by default puts an ACL
restricting .ht* from being viewable.  (Basically, the password encryption
used in said file is moderately easily cracked via brute force.)

One could use a file distributed using rsync(1) or some such (preferably
with RSYNC_RSH=ssh).  However, that's still a bit on the unsecure side,
unless you really do trust everyone who is running one of these web
servers.

Ed