:: I think, as somebody said, that migrating to Outlook instead
:: of Outlook Express might be something (though you won't be
:: free from worms, virii, etc.).

There is a patch available from Microsoft which prohibits the opening of
certain types of attachments.  This makes Outlook (not Outlook Express)
pretty secure.  In any case, who opens attachments these days anyway?
It's all down to common sense surely.  Use a good virus checker, keep it
up to date (I update my signature files daily), don't open unexpected
attachments and, if you use Outlook or Outlook Express, turn off the
Auto Preview feature - then you're pretty safe, regardless of the email
client you're using.

Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Co-ordinator
West Yorkshire Perl User Group
http://wypug.pm.org/