On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 04:47:27PM -0500, Peter Beardsley wrote:
> Is is possible to modify the in-memory apache configuration at
> runtime?  I've seen modules that allow you to parse and modify the
> httpd.conf file, but that's not really what I'm looking for.  In particular
> I want to set the value of ErrorDocument.

If all you want to do is that you can just use the custom_response
method.  Here are a couple of examples...

  # on bad requests, redirect to some documentation
  $r->custom_response(BAD_REQUEST,
     "http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec5.html";);

  # but on unauthorized requests, send to a local file
  $r->custom_response(FORBIDDEN, "/landlubber.html");

You'll have to do this for every request, because you're cannot change
the global config, only the child's localized configuration..

--
Paul Lindner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]   ||||| | | | |  |  |  |   |   |

    mod_perl Developer's Cookbook   http://www.modperlcookbook.org
         Human Rights Declaration   http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/index.htm