Perrin Harkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> Okay, I only looked at it briefly and thought it stored the data on the
> client.  Your module is actually more like CGI::EncryptForm I think, but
> yours may make things a bit more transparent.  Maybe you should polish it
up
> for CPAN.

I looked at CGI::EncryptForm. It is used to store data on the client. The
main difference between it and my module is that: (a) it encrypts the data,
while I only prevent users from modifying the data, and (b) it stores the
data in one field, while I store in multiple fields to make double sure that
I don't hit any length restrictions.

> I'm well aware of the page-state vs. browser-state problem.  I was
recently
> bitten by it again when some consultants built a web app for my company
that
> puts the search results in a session keyed on a cookie.  As soon as the
user
> opens two windows, it's absolute mayhem.

I wasn't exactly what to call it and if people would recognize it by name,
so I started writing a short description which just grew. :-)

David