Stas Bekman wrote:
> > I know this is a pretty generic question, but if nobody knows a quick
> > answer, I can get more specific in a later post. Under Apache 1.3.22 /
> > mod_perl 1.26, even while using $SIG{__WARN__} = \&Carp::cluck, I keep
> > getting "Use of uninitialized value." in the Apache error log, with
> > absolutely no line number or back trace or anything else. Does anybody
know
> > what might cause this? Thanks.
>
> Where did you set $SIG{__WARN__}? Try in startup.pl as early as possible.

It's set in startup.pl, which is basically a modified version of the example
from perl.apache.org/guide. It works beautifully for every other error I've
come across, which is why this one is so curious. As I mention in my earlier
follow-up to my own post, I eventually traced the problem to an incorrect
driver string in DBI->connect. However, that doesn't explain (to me anyway)
why I wasn't getting more detail in the error log. Perhaps I'll delve into
DBI.pm, unless someone can explain this to me beforehand.

-Tim