Ged,

>>using Apache::RegistryLoader.  I'm getting a seg fault when I attempt to
>>start apache.
>>

> Read mod_perl/SUPPORT.

Ok I've looked through it.  I've tried some of the quicker
suggestions... gdb -core core and gdb httpd core tell me:

Core was generated by `/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd'.

#0  0x80ca6b6 in Perl_gv_init ()

I'll try some of the more involved stuff here in a moment

> Did you compile your own Perl, mod_perl and Apache?

Yes.  Perl 5.6.0, mod_perl 1.25, apache 1.3.19.

> You might be better off with Perl version 5.6.1 instead.

I will upgrade and see what happens.

> Are you using DSO?

No.

Thanks for the pointers thus far!