>   SetHandler perl-script
>   PerlHandler My::Bar
>
>   AuthName Bar
>   AuthType Basic
>   PerlAuthenHandler My::Auth::Bar
>   PerlAuthzHandler  My::Authz::Bar
>   require valid-user
> </Location>
>
> What I want is for My::Foo to handle all URLs that start with "/foo",
> without any authentication of any kind.  Then I want the remaining URLs to
> be handled by My::Bar using its authentication handlers.
>
> What I get is that My::Bar handles everything.  Changing the order of the
> Location directives doesn't seem to help.  The Apache docs say that Location
> directives are "done simultaneously", whatever that means.

this may be one of those cases where "/" is handled as a special case.  as I've said
before, it
seems people who set up / seem to get into trouble, but I never have a clear picture
as to why
(other than this nagging feeling, like a splinter in my mind)...

you might want to set up

/foo

and

/bar

then use mod_rewrite or something to map !/foo to /bar

HTH

--Geoff