True...but I'm thinking full control to the developer. Developer can now
mis-configure httpd.conf as much as he/she wants and all the paths;
virtual or not are consistant, instead of a dev path vs production path....

I had a chance to work with Interwoven TeamSite and this very issue or
virtual path was a pain, I had to add aditional checks in teh code to deal
with that....

Dave Rolsky wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Medi Montaseri wrote:
>
> > My suggestion would be to install a Linux on your developer's PC and
> > keep with the distributed model. Now everyone can use a common web tree
> > and at integeration, bring all of them to a staging box, QC it and ship
> > it to production.
>
> Giving everyone their own Apache daemon, which uses their checked out tree
> of code, on a central dev server is really not a problem either.
>
> -dave

> www.urth.org
> we await the New Sun

Medi Montaseri                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Distributed Systems Engineer            HTTP://www.CyberShell.com
CyberShell Engineering