Hello,

I am moving a website that now resides on a i686 server running RedHat
6.2 with perl v5.005_03 to another i686 server running Suse 7.1 with
perl v5.6.1.

The website uses a number of cgi scripts that read and write from
BerkeleyDB files using the tie function.

The site is currently running fine on the RedHat server, but when
testing the scripts on the Suse box I am finding the the scripts are
failing complaining that the db file cannot be opened.

The function calling the script is as follows...
$db = "blurb";
tie(%BLURB, "DB_File", $db, O_RDONLY, 0664) || die("Error: could not
open $db: $!\n");

Things I have tried so far..
- I have checked that the BerkeleyDB file (blurb) in the right path, and
is readable/writable.
- I have checked  that the DB file is not corrupt by ftping it back to
the RedHat box and testing it.. Works fine..
- the command "file blurb" shows that the db file is Berkeley DB (Hash,
version 5, native byte-order) and my guess is the version of DB_File
cannot read that DB version.   I have installed earlier versions of
DB_File on the Suse box with no luck.
- I have successfully created a new db file using tie. The file created
is version 7.

Since these scripts do infact work on the RedHat server, what do I need
to do to get them to work on the Suse server

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Mark Matthews