Hi all

We have a mod_perl server that's under constant heavy load.  In our Apache
config we have switched HostnameLookups off using

HostnameLookups off

and for the most part, it seems to work.  However, any check of the logs or
/server-status shows that the server is *still* doing reverse-lookup of some
addresses.  Often, a number of apache processes show up as "D" in
/server-status, and it's pretty clear that it's slowing things down.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?  Could it be something
in the mod_perl config?  Nowhere in any of our code do we do hostname
resolution and for the most part couldn't care less what host/ip people come
from.

Sorry if this is the wrong list but I have a sneaking suspicion there's
something about our mod_perl config that's affecting it.

RTFM's are welcome...  I already tried but maybe I missed something.

Cheers

Kyle Dawkins
Systems Engineer
Central Park Software
http://www.centralparksoftware.com

The content of this email and any attachments are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately.
Do not disclose the content of this message or make copies.

This email was scanned by eSafe Mail for viruses, vandals  and other
malicious content.