[ whenever someone replies to your question on the list, please keep the
replies CC'ed to the list, unless you were asked to make the thread
private. don't be shy to continue solving your problem in public, other
benefit from this as well.]

VML wrote:
> On Monday 15 April 2002 02:49 pm, you wrote:
>

>>Oh, boy, this is a wrong test :) You benchmark the code execution and
>>not mod_perl against mod_cgi. You should use ab(8) or similar app for this.
>>To learn how to properly do this and much more see:
>>http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html
>>
>>p.s. also remember that doing wallclock benchmarking as in SCRIPT 1 on
>>multitask system  can give you very incorrect results, if you load is
>>different during two subsequent benchmarks.
>

> Thank you for your answer.
> Ab is Apachebench right?
> The result is same, mod_perl slower than mod_cgi.
>
> % ./ab -n 100 -c 10 www.example.com/perl/test.pl
>
> Are there any testing method or tuning method that can show/prove mod_perl is
> faster.
>
> I am newbie in mod_perl (even perl/cgi) so please as clear as posible.
> I just got job in linux (previous windows) and my first task is to migrating
> exiting perl script to better/faster method (now testing mop_perl).
> Please help me... :)

what's inside your test.pl?

try this script:

use CGI;
print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
print "OK";

the re-load of CGI.pm in mod_cgi should make a big difference between
mod_perl and mod_cgi.

Also are you sure you are running under mod_perl?
http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html#How_can_I_tell_whether_mod_perl_

Also see this section:
http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html#Configuration_Tuning_with_Apache