> Have a databae table that stores the information for each
> setting, then load it dynamically as a request comes in...
> mailer dream code:
>
> $ENV{REQUEST_URI} =~ /^\/(.*?)\//;
> $base_path = $1;
> if (!exists($Location{$base_path})) {
>       ... do database calls to load necessairy information
>       ... and set as if this was a perl section in an
>       ... httpd.conf file.
> }
>
> ... then execute as if that location section was always there
>
> If there's a better solution then this, I'm also eager to
> hear it :)

Depending on the rate of server additions you might be
better off loading these at startup time or on a user
signal (e.g., $SIG{USR1} = \&reload_stuff_from_db).

Timestamping the database entry for the site might also
help, since you wouldn't have to re-load the entire thing
every time the site was hit.

                                            +1 800 762 1582