Hi  Andrew,

thanx for the idea to have a look at Apache::ASP. I took that look
meanwhile and to me that seems to be an overhead. Maybe I'm naive,
because it wasn't much more than a glance, but the code copes with
things a server page *never* has to worry about, things like session
handling and so on. Apache::ASP looks more like a Java class packet (you
know: one of these endless stories that java people use to wrap their
code in - but I don't linme java, as you already may assume...) than a
perl module. In my understanding a server page is nothing but a document
that has to be processed by the server, and the result of this process
is sent to the client. All the other aspects of a web application, like
sessions or cacheing or th like ar not what the page itself has to care
about. It either knows the respective values, because the handler passed
them through to it - or it doesn't. But maybe I'm bragging now - wait a
few weeks and we'll hopefully both see whether I'm right or not.

Kind regards
Martin

Andrew Ho wrote:

>Hello,
>
>MHT>forwarding is a term that i borrowed from the JSP concept - which i'm
>MHT>currently trying to implement in perl.
>
>PH>JSP forward is directly equivalent to an internal redirect. It's just
>PH>an include that doesn't return.  In short, it's a GOTO statement. Thank
>PH>you Sun.
>
>This concept is supported better in Apache::ASP, where you can just pass
>arguments directly to the target page. If you use the internal_redirect()
>method, you have to use notes(), pnotes(), globals, or some other
>cumbersome method to pass arguments.
>
>Humbly,
>
>Andrew

>Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
>Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101

         "Constant shallowness leads to evil."
Martin Haase-Thomas         |    Tel.: +49 30 43730-558
Software Development        |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]