We currently use Apache::AuthCookie for authentication/authorization, and it
works great.  However, we want to make a change to how the login works.

In addition to having Apache::AuthCookie intercept requests for URL's that
require auth/authz, we would like to provide a signon area on the main page
where the user can proactively sign in.

Would this be as simple as setting the same cookie (using the same format,
obviously) as Apache::Authcookie is looking for when signon occurs on the
front page?  Or, better still, is there a way using A:A itself to do this?

Thanks!

    -klm.