I'm running into a possible related problem. I'm using http_load to load
test a simple hander (the aforementioned unique number generator). When
I keep the load low (10-30 requests for 3-5 seconds) it works lovely.

When I stry anything more stressful (say 50 requests for 5 seconds or
30r/10s) I get a cavalcade of "byte count wrong" errors.

I wonder if:
a) the $i global variable i'm using to increment (in concert with
Timestamp/random (for now)) gets to big?
b) the http_load program asks for too many ports and for some reason
(apache, tcpstack?) linux (rh 7.2) doesn't like this

any ideas?

tia
David

(btw - I just picked up the mod_perl Developer's cookbook yesterday, and
I'm eager to get into it)