Greetings.

A few updates...

i) modperl-2.0_20020514042137.tar.gz
   Now tests cleanly on:
   WinNT SP6/MSDEV 6 SP3/AS perl 5.6.1 b630/httpd-2.0_20020506161223.tar.gz

ii) It does however crash on my testbed app (which runs as standard CGI,
FastCGI and
moperl1). The crash itself appears to happen when a number of
nearly-simultaneous requests
arrive to the server and is fatal to modperl (but the static-serving part of
apache appears to survive)

iia) On non-debug modperl in post-mortem examination within msdev I have
been able to observe a seemingly incorrect r->pool thingy (casted to
"something else" within table related <something>_palloc) triggering the
segfault.

iib) I then set out to build a debug version. That ain't easy.... I finally
got it with
semiautomatic Makefile mangling:

perl Makefile.PL MP_INST_APACHE2=1 MP_AP_PREFIX="D:\Apache2"
MP_GENERATE_XS=1 MP_DEBUG=1 MP_TRACE=1

find . -name Makefile -print   | xargs perl -spi.bak -e
"s/-O1//g;s/-DNDEBUG//g;s/-release/-DEBUG -PDB:vc60.pdb/g;"

nmake

[Explanation: the generated Makefiles have sequences of -O1 -Od -O1 *AND*
the linkline misses the critical -DEBUG option. the PDB and -DNDEBUG things
may not be needed.]

After this the crash location moves (darn) and the debugger brings me in a
location with nothing obviously wrong in sight. It is wedged on
modperl_get_perl_module_config, called from
XS_Apache_RequestRec_send_cgi_header etc. etc.

Note: After switching to the debug version, I have started
seeing apache errors - Your script did not blah blah - that were not there
before, coupled to diagnostics from ModPerl::Registry complaining about not
being able to call  send_cgi_header on an undefined value. This may be
significant.

I will sendo more info when I have it...
Cheers,
alf