Chip Turner wrote:
> Subject pretty much says it all.  What are the requisite 5.8 compile
> options, besudes ithreads, for proper functioning with either mod_perl
> branch?  Or ones that should be avoided?

it may be different on your OS (read the INSTALL doc), but on linux 2.4
I compile with all the defaults (-des):

./Configure -des -Dprefix=/home/stas/perl/ithread \
-Dusethreads -Duseshrplib

and I add: -Doptimize='-g'

so I can debug problems (don't put it in for production use)

-Duseshrplib builds a shared libperl

Also you don't need -Dusethreads (which is a bit slower) if you don't
plan on using perl threads and threaded Apache mpms (i.e. when you use
prefork)