> You can not claim donated services as a tax deduction in the US.
> (Probably not other places too, I'd guess.)
>
> The theory is this: you'd have to book both a revenue for the work you
> did and a deduction for the donation. These would cancel out.

However, this is perfectly legal if you *billed* for your work, were *paid*,
and then "voluntarily" cut a check to the charity making an actual cash
*donation*. As long as they are bona-fide separate, independent transactions,
you can claim the deduction. You can arrange to only "donate" a portion of your
time/money this way.

Mike808/

http://www.valuenet.net