Hi all,

I hope this isn't too far off topic. I'm working on a mod_perl web
project in which it would be *really* quite handy if I could
dynamically rasterize text over existing images.

What I would ideally like is a pointer to a good Perl library that
will allow me to take an existing image (gif, png, or jpg), and fairly
easily render Type 1 (preferred) or Truetype fonts overtop of the
image, and return the result. Caching the result would be a bonus.

For this project, ease of implementation far outweighs the need for
bells and whistles. I'd rather not have to learn a complex API just to
throw some dynamic text on an image. :-)

Thanks,
- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  901 1st Avenue North - Saskatoon, SK - S7K 1Y4

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-664-3630   Saskatoon