Jim Morrison [Mailinglists] wrote:
> [Marked with "----" ]

(Try a real mail client ;-)

> Interesting you should say that?  I was under the impression that the C
> version of Xalan was very quick?  I am, in some cases running off 100 or
> so transformations in one run, through quite complicated xslt's and
> despite the fact that for every transformation my dodgy perl code builds
> the XML from collections of flat xml files on disk, which then has to
> get parsed.. (and in many cases more XML is brought in through
> "document()"...   I'm still getting a good 800 - 900 pages per minute..
> (on a little 500Mhz Celeron, 256Mb)
>
> Would LibXML perform better you think??  Is there somewhere I can find a
> comparison??

Yes, LibXML and LibXSLT are faster, simply because the underlying
libxml2 and libxslt processors are the fastest there are available - I
think some people's tests now show them to be faster even than
Microsoft's (which was always the benchmark to beat).

I do still wonder why people get the impression you were given - it's
widely known that the C version of Xalan is appallingly slow - slower
even than it's Java counterpart.

Matt.