Hello,

I'm using a modified version of Apache::AuthTieDBI and
Apache::AuthzTieDBI ( from O'Reilly books, available on
http://www.modperl.com ), and they seems working
fine. But now I'm trying to export the configuration to a production
machine, and the troubles begins.

The entry in httpd.conf follows (sensitive info hidden):

<Location /server-status>
    SetHandler server-status
    AuthName "Administrative access only"
    AuthType Basic
    PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthTieDBI
    PerlSetVar      TieDatabase dbi:Pg:dbname=xxxx;host=localhost
    PerlSetVar      TieTable        auth_user:username:password
    PerlSetVar      TieUser         xxxx
    PerlSetVar      TiePassword     xxxxxxxx
    PerlAuthzHandler Apache::AuthzTieDBI
    require $perms =~ /admin/;
</Location>

In the module Apache::AuthTieDBI, I've put some $r->log->notice()
messages to verify if it pass through.

What happens is that Apache is presenting the authentication box,
but 1° nothing is logged into /var/log/httpd/error_log and 2° I

could type in any user & password combination, it grants the access.
My guesses is that Apache doesn't even call the perl subroutines;
can anyone help? I'm becoming crazy...

=====