On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Josh Chamas wrote:

[...]
> So I run it again with ServerTokens Min, and get the same results. :)
> Still something different on the mod_perl headers, looks like mod_perl
> 2.x is setting Content-Length where it didn't use to.

The details evade me, but I recall something about how the buckets
work in the httpd that makes httpd 2.0 always know (and set) the
Content-Length.

There was discussion about changing it; but I don't remember the
outcome.

(yes, it has (had?) some implications for how data can be "streamed"
from the proxy in such a setup, which was the reason for changing
it.  Indeed it could be that it was only affecting the proxy.  Did I
mention that I forgot the details?).  :-)

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/ !try; do();