We are using Apache/1.3.26 (on a Sun Solaris box), with mod_perl/1.27,
in an ASP/Event-driven service that does Z39:50 database queries to get
the data.

We have been getting errors saying that the connection dies, causing
Net/Z3950/Manager.pm to die.

This problem occurs randomly, and we cannot work out if it is
time-the-servers-been-up-based or number-of-connections-to-date-based.
We *do* know that the problem is cleared if we do a graceful restart of
the apache server.

So:
1) Has anyone successfully used Net/Z3950 in a mod_perl environment?
2) Has anyone tried, met a similar (and unresolvable?) problem?
3) Has anyone had a similar problem, and solved it a different way?

In anticipation...

--
--==++
Ian Stuart: Edinburgh University Data Library.

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty