all-

Perhaps I am making a mistaken assumption, but just in case I wanted to
support my assumptions with some real data.

Can anyone point me to some script resources, or maybe just the results of
their own experience on the performance of SSIs in apache vs. converting a
site to a database-driven scenario.

My assumption is, of course, that if the requirements are simple, go with
the simplest solution.  Basically, I broke the site up into includes
executed via SSI.

My question would be, is there any drastic improvement (CPU, memory,
download time, server processes, whatever)  that would be gained by
switching to some kind of mod_perl templating system?

These are all static pages.

I think all I'm asking about is a performance comparison for a  site
comprised of  95% static content between Apache SSI and a mod_perl
db/template system.

thanks-
grant stevens
http://l-eet.com

PS.  RTFM answers are fine as long as the particular FM is specified. :)