From: DeAngelo Lampkin [mailto:dlampkin@;xencor.com]
Sent: 06 November 2002 23:25
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Can't locate object method "new" via package "Apache::Request"
(via Mason)...

Hey guys,

You may remember me from such messages as "I can't get mod_perl to compile
on Irix64 systems!".  Well now I've got a whole new problem that I need your
expertise on.

I'm running Apache 1.3x and mod_perl 1.2x on a Linux system.  However,
whenever I go to a page that should be handled by Mason (a perl templating
system), I get the following error message:
"[Wed Nov  6 11:56:20 2002] [error] Can't locate object method "new" via
package "Apache::Request" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 878."

My guess is that this (at some level)involves a configuration error of some
kind.  I added the following lines to my httpd.conf file per the
instructions on Mason's website:

PerlModule HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
    <FilesMatch "\.msn$">
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
    </FilesMatch>

So I'm not sure what's going on here.   I looked through Apache/Request.pm
and found no "new" method and I didn't find one inside of Apache.pm either
(from which the Request module inherets).  However, I'm assuming this is all
correct and some magical ultra-Perl-guru AUTOLOAD-like functionality is
going on somewhere.

Does anyone have any ideas about what may be causing this?

Thanks,
DeAngelo