Geoffrey Young wrote:

from what I remember, this method is very strange - it depends lots on how your server is set up. for instance, whether you're using DSO (which breaks down the interpreter on restarts) and/or whether you have PerlFreshRestart On. both of these behaviors seem to affect the order of the tokens.

I am not using DSO, but it is enabled.

When I set PerlFreshRestart On, I do get the header in the right place,
but its also still in the wrong place!

  Server: Apache::ASP/2.49 Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) PHP/4.2.3 mod_perl/1.27 Perl/v5.8.0 Apache::ASP/2.49 mod_ssl/2.8.11 OpenSSL/0.9.6g

At least we are a step closer.

Even if I can get this to work through certain config tweaks,
I will not add this to Apache::ASP as I would need this to be
correct for all user configs, not just mine.  I do not want to
preempt the Apache/... header!

Thanks for the follow up.  Maybe I'll revist this in MP2.

Regards,

Josh