Hi,

I could have sworn that at some point under Apache/1.3.27 and mod_perl/1.27
I had the ability to find a timestamp of some kind for uploaded files using
Apache::Upload.  To be precise, I thought that:

$upload = $apr->upload;
$filehandle = $upload->fh;
$timestamp = (stat($filehandle))[9];

yielded some kind of intelligent timestamp for an uploaded file (last
modification time of the original file on the client computer, istr) when
upped using IE6 or Mozilla 1.2 from Windoze.

However, on trying to recreate this I'm having no joy whatsoever.  On
looking through the $upload->info tied hash, the only mime headers that IE6
provides appear to be

...which is notably lacking any time-related information at all.

Am I completely imagining this ever having worked?  Does anyone know of any
special circumstances where typical browsers such as Mozilla or IE would
submit timestamps for the source file somewhere in the multipart/form-data
MIME encoding?

thanks in advance,

Matthew.