Steve Baldwin wrote:
Unfortunately, I get the same (as far as I can see) result.  Here's my
latest perl -V ...
You mean, you get a bunch of unresolved symbols, right?

from your previous report:

Now, make (of mod-perl) gives the following errors ...
modperl_env.lo(.text+0x89e):modperl_env.c: variable '_PL_vtbl_env' can't
be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's
--enable-auto-import for details.
:
Creating library file: libmod_perl.dll.a
mod_perl.lo(.text+0x2f9):mod_perl.c: undefined reference to
`_apr_pool_cleanup_null'
mod_perl.lo(.text+0x2fe):mod_perl.c: undefined reference to
`_apr_pool_cleanup_register'
mod_perl.lo(.text+0x4e9):mod_perl.c: undefined reference to
`_ap_log_error'
mod_perl.lo(.text+0x52b):mod_perl.c: undefined reference to
`_ap_mpm_query'

What looks weird is:
Creating library file: libmod_perl.dll.a

I'm not a win32 user, but it looks strange to me that dll.a thing. Is that a valid thing? I understand that cygwin is unix over win32. Though it still builds native win32 dlls, no? So may be the problem is that the mod_perl build decides to go with unix build when it should really do the win32 build?

Any developers on cygwin that can help us here? Hopefully Per Einar is around and can help.