On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 11:45:32AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 01:09:46AM -0500, Dan Brosemer wrote:
> > Here's the thread to date:
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=104586287823510&w=2
> helo;
>     I am seeing problems with mod_perl in OpenBSD 3.2
> chroot env. This has me twiddling my thumbs after tailing my
> error_log:) Anyways it is obviously something to do with
> the chroot. If I start apache with httpd -u (non-chrooted dso)
> Then everything works fine. To test I try a simple mod_perl
> module, as well as try the env cgi tests in /cgi-bin .
> Then when I chroot the mod_perl simple test works however
> any /cgi-bin .pl or .cgi do not work. The chroot / is /var/www
> whereas the /cgi-bin is /var/www/cgi-bin
> Did you find something occuring like that as well?
> Maybe it something obvious that I staring @ but I don't see
> it and would appreciate a clue stick. (If one is handy.) ;-)

This is not the problem I'm seeing at all.  You'll note from this thread
http://monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0302/msg01943.html
that I see this same problem when using the sources from apache.org (no
chroot available to be a problem).

It seems related to compiling mod_perl as DSO and nothing else.

To correct the problem you're seeing, I found it useful to make
/var/www/var/www a symlink to /

This simplifies a lot of things with the loss of only a little elegance.

HTH.

-Dan

--
"Burnished gallows set with red