Frank Maas wrote:
Hi,

Excuse me for this question that is, without question, due to my newbie-
ness, but I am against a wall here. I am creating a website that is running
under mod_perl and using several handlers of the chain. The website uses
the POST method to send form data.
I first used Apache::Request->new() in all handlers, but that made that I
"lost" the posted data after its first use. OK, this was somewhere in the
manuals and books and I changed to instance(). My problem begins when I
use CPAN or other already-made modules that seem not to respect this and
again the posted data got lost.

I have an experimental module that may address your concerns:

http://www.modperlcookbook.org/~geoff/modules/experimental/Apache-CachePOSTRegistry-0.01.tar.gz

it's not documented, but really all you do is replace Apache::Registry with Apache::CachePOSTRegistry in your httpd.conf then make sure you use Apache::Request->instance() inplace of new().

it's not a complete solution, but it solves the problem of when you want to use POST data throughout the request but you need to use CGI.pm or some other legacy script for the content phase.

there is some additional information near the end of this talk

http://www.modperlcookbook.org/~geoff/slides/ApacheCon/oo-mod_perl-printable.ppt.gz

HTH

--Geoff