Hello B.

I just reread your question it is MP2. For ModPerl2 there is another answer in the FAQ:

Apache::Registry, Apache::PerlRun and Friends
Apache::Registry, Apache::PerlRun and other modules from the registry family now live
in
the ModPerl:: namespace to avoid collisions with the versions from 1.0.

To run the Apache::Registry module from mod_perl 1.0 you have to load Apache::compat at
the startup:

  file:startup.pl:
  ----------------
  use Apache2; # if you have 1.0 and 2.0 installed
  use Apache::compat ();
  use lib ...; # to find 1.0x Apache::Registry
then in httpd.conf:

  Alias /perl /path/to/perl/scripts
  <Location /perl>
     Options +ExecCGI
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlResponseHandler Apache::Registry
  </Location>
Notice that Apache::compat has to be loaded before CGI.pm if the latter module is used.

META: complete

META: document that for now ModPerl::Registry doesn't chdir() into the script's dir
like
Apache::Registry does, because chdir() affects the whole process under threads.

Kind regards,

Gerard ter Haar