On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Bill Moseley wrote:

[snip]
> A bit off topic, but I have a similar need.  I have a form where HTML is
> entered.  I can easily parse out the text with HTML::Parser, and build a
> list of incorrectly spelled words, open in another window and show the
> words and a list for suggestions or a text field.  I have not figured out
> how best to update the existing form inplace, though.  I fear javascript
> is in my future.

I helped implement a spell-checking system for a customer that was
pure mod_perl.  In the end, though, a fairly sharp JavaScripter helped
make my somewhat-kludgy solution fairly elegant by popping up a
window, calling my stuff to replace misspelled words, then resetting
the original text with what was left in the pop-up when done checking
(or the user aborted).  It wasn't that bad, but I'm glad I didn't have
to write the JavaScript.

ky