On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 02:20 PM, Perrin Harkins wrote:

Cory 'G' Watson wrote:
I'm not sure if my way would fit in with your objects Clinton, but I have some code in the commit() method of all my objects which, when it is called, removes any cached copies of the object. That's how I stay up to date.

Why wouldn't it simply update the version in the cache when you commit? Also, do you have a way of synchronizing changes across multiple machines?

I suppose it could, but I use it as a poor man's cache cleaning. I suppose it would boost performance to do what you suggest. I'll just implement a cache cleaner elsewhere.

I only run on one machine, so I don't do any synchronization. I hope to have that problem some day ;)

Cory 'G' Watson
http://gcdb.spleck.net