On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Charlie Smith wrote:

> Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 16:21:15 -0700
> From: Charlie Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: how to take advantage of mod_perl and analize effectiveness of
>     efforts?
>
> A couple questions:
> In order to take advantage of mod_perl, do you need to restart the apache
> server, after making changes to a perl routine?
>
> What is being cached by the mod_perl?  Is is just the perl executable, or
> compiled in modules, or modules you have
> written in cgi directories?
>
> How to tell if code is being cached?
>
> Can user code be made to use mod_perl caching?
>
> How to optimize code to make more efficient under mod_perl?
>

> So, basically, how to take advantage of mod_perl and analize effectiveness of
> efforts?
>
> a little puzzled,
> Charlie Smith
> x2791
> 3/7/03

Charlie,

I would say that most of your questions will be answered if you spend
a little time with the very excellent documentation which is available
for free here:

    http://perl.apache.org/guide

(I'm not trying to be rude here, but I can't summarize better for you
the answers to your questions than what has been already done.  This
is just a friendly RTFM.  :-)

ky