Svein E. Seldal wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your help. I'm closer to my goal, thanks to you. However, I have more questions, and I'd hoped you'd enlighten me. I'm reading a lot of documentation on the web about MP2, but I need some more information to clear things out, and to stitch all these small threads of information together.

Sure, after reading the available docs you are welcome to ask questions here.

First of all, my intentions was to use the new MP2 methods only, because I'm redesigning things from scratch. And thus having to use Apache::compat is a slightly setback, isn't it?

It is.

Do you have any idea when the new MP2-ish methods will be ready?

Which ones are you talking about? args() and content() would never be the same as they were in mp1 (it's not a question of time). See:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/compat/compat.html#C__r_E_gt_content_

Especially Apache::Request?

Apache::Request is not a mod_perl core module. It's a 3rd party module. It could be part of the core if Apache 2.0 were to accept the C library, but they didn't. So it's going to have its own life. And if you are interested in Apache::Request subscribe to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Joe is working on finishing the C library, feel free to ask if he needs help and help him to finish it faster. Once the C library is completed the Perl glue can be written. But not before.

With other words Apache::Request will be the new MP2 way to do things in the future?

Yes.

Now, testing revealed that $r->args() is only containing the query-string that is part of the URI (now I would guess you say daahh) -- this is usually used in context with GET requests.

When I send a POST request, the query-string will be stored in the contents of the message, and not in $r->args(). However, I still need to parse the string as with the GET message.

Last but least, I need to support GET form-data (to support file uploads), which leaves us with a third type of argument syntax.

Are there any methodes that I can use (now) to parse these POST requests, or do I have to write a parser myself? Will Apache::Request be able to handle these cases? (Because if it will, I can probably settle for args() and content() now, and use my own parser until Apache::Request shows up.)

Yes. But you can use CGI.pm for now, which does all that, but slower (pure perl).

__________________________________________________________________ Stas Bekman JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org http://ticketmaster.com