BTW, my post was regarding mp1, since Apache::Request is available for mp1. Once Apache::Request is available for mp2, it can be integrated as well. Hopefully it's Perl API won't change, so CGI.pm will probably not need to be changed as well.

Is Apache::Request in mp2 ready for prime time? We haven't been able to get it running here (some sort of install problem, my people tell me).

No, it's totally rewritten to accomodate the new Apache API, and also changed the internal design. However it's not completed yet.

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 03:25 am, Issac Goldstand wrote:

That would be really amazing if it could still be implemented in mp1, too,
as it would allow for interoperability between libapreq-based applications
(like Apache::UploadMeter) and response handlers like CGI scripts which use
CGI.pm  I suppose that this isn't such a big problem in mp2 whose filters
will probably make using one API for request handling unnecessary...

Issac

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stas Bekman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 1:41 AM
Subject: speeding up CGI.pm

While we are at the CGI.pm issue, I was thinking that those who stick
with CGI.pm because of its extended all-in-one functionality (request
parsing/

HTML

generation), but unhappy about request parsing speed, could benefit by
integrating Apache::Request in CGI.pm to do the request parsing. So if
Apache::Request is available CGI.pm could re-alias its args(), params(),

etc.

functions to call Apache::Request functions instead. What do you think?

__________________________________________________________________ Stas Bekman JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org http://ticketmaster.com